SHREC 2007 Home Page
Past Events: SHREC'06
SHREC'07 - Shape Retrieval Contest 2007
IntroductionAfter the success of SHREC - 3D Shape Retrieval Contest 2006, the Network of Excellence AIM@SHAPE is taking the initiative to organize a sequel. The general objective is to evaluate the effectiveness of 3D-shape retrieval algorithms. The contest is organized in conjunction with the SMI'07 conference (Shape Modeling International), where the evaluation results will be presented.
In contrast with the previous contest, this time the contest will involve multiple tracks. For the organization of the various tracks, a call for proposals was issued.
TracksThe following tracks are organized. For a descrption of the task, the collections, queries, evaluation, procedures, and time schedule, follow the links or contact the track coordinator.
- Watertight models
Organizer: Daniela Giorgi, CNR-IMATI
Web page: http://watertight.ge.imati.cnr.it/
- Partial matching
Organizer: Simone Marini, CNR-IMATI
Web page: http://partial.ge.imati.cnr.it/
- Protein models
Organizers: Maja Temerinac, Marco Reisert, Hans Burkhardt, Freiburg University
Web page: http://lmb.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/events/shrec07/index.en.html
- CAD models
Organizer: Yagna Kalyanaraman, Karthik Ramani, Purdue University
Web page: https://engineering.purdue.edu/PRECISE/shrec
- Relevance feedback
Organizer: Petros Daras, ITI
Web page: http://shrec.iti.gr/index.html
- Similarity measures
Organizer: Hamid Laga, David Gavilan Ruiz, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Contact: hamid"@"img.cs.titech.ac.jp, david"@"img.cs.titech.ac.jp.
Web page: http://www.img.cs.titech.ac.jp/~hamid/SHREC07-similarity/
- 3D face models
Organizers: Frank ter Haar, Remco Veltkamp, Utrecht University
Web page: http://give-lab.cs.uu.nl/SHREC/shrec2007/
The following list is a step-by-step description of the activities:
- Potential track organizers send their proposal to shrec"@"cs.uu.nl, describing the envisioned task, collection, queries, ground truth, evaluation method, and expected number of participants.
- Promising tracks and their organizers are listed at the SHREC web page, the track organizers start working out the details.
- Participants register to the tracks they want to participate in.
- Each track is performed according its own schedule.
- The track organizers collect the results.
- The track results are combined into the SHREC'07 proceedings.
- The description of the tracks and their results are presented in a SHREC session at SMI'07.
- December 23 - Submission deadline for track proposals.
- May 1 - Each track is finished, and results are ready for inclusion into the proceedings.
- June 13-15 - Results presented at a session of SMI'07, proceedings available.
OrganizationThe SHREC contest is an initiative of the Network of Excellence AIM@SHAPE. The SHREC'07 organizers are Frank ter Haar, Remco Veltkamp, and Tristan Whitmarsh. The results of SHREC'07 will be presented at a special session of SMI'07, Shape Modeling International, http://smi07.liris.cnrs.fr/
For registration, questions, etc., please contact shrec"@"cs.uu.nl