SHREC Home Page
SHREC'13 - Shape Retrieval Contest 2013
at EUROGRAPHICS 2013 - Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval
IntroductionThe general objective of the 3D Shape Retrieval Contest is to evaluate the effectiveness of 3D-shape retrieval algorithms. SHREC'13 is the eighth edition of the contest. Like previous years, it is organized in conjunction with the Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval, where the evaluation results will be presented and included in the workshop proceedings. New this year is that the papers are reviewed, and evaluated with respect to quality of contribution.
Thanks to the effort of previous track organizers, SHREC already provides many resources to compare and evaluate 3D retrieval methods. For this year's contest, we aim at new and updated tracks. Therefore, the participants are requested to have an active role in the organization of the event. This includes proposing track themes, building or acquiring a test collection, and deciding upon the queries, relevance assessment, and performance measures.
The participants of each track will collectively write a paper. After a review process, accepted papers which will be published in the proceedings of the Eurographics Workshop 3D Object Retrieval. At least one author per track must register for the workshop, and present the results.
The following tracks are organized. For a description of the task, the
collections, queries, evaluation, procedures, and time schedule, follow
the links or contact the track coordinator.
1. Large-Scale Partial Shape Retrieval using Simulated Range Images
Organizers: Ivan Sipiran, Rafael Meruane, Benjamin Bustos (University of Chile), Tobias Schreck (University of Konstanz)
Web page: http://dataset.dcc.uchile.cl
2. Retrieval of Objects Captured with Low-Cost Depth-Sensing Cameras
Organizers: João Machado, Alfredo Ferreira (Technical University of Lisbon)
Contact: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Web page: http://3dorus.ist.utl.pt/research/BeKi/index.html
3. Retrieval on textured 3D models
Organizers: Andrea Cerri and Silvia Biasotti ((CNR-IMATI))
Contact: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Web page: http://wwww.ge.imati.cnr.it/shrec13
4. Large Scale Sketch-Based 3D Shape Retrieval
Organizers: Bo Li, Yijuan Lu (Texas State University), Afzal Godil (NIST), Tobias Schreck (University of Konstanz)
Contact: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Web page: http://www.itl.nist.gov/iad/vug/sharp/contest/2013/SBR/
The following list is a step-by-step description of the activities:
- Potential track organizers send their proposal to shrec2013 “at” nist.gov, describing the envisioned task, collection, queries, ground truth, evaluation method, and expected number of participants.
- Promising tracks and their organizers are listed at the SHREC web page, the track organizers start working out the details.
- Participants register to the tracks they want to participate in.
- Each track is performed according to its own schedule.
- The track organizers collect the results.
- The track results are combined into a joint paper, to be included in the proceedings of the Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval, http://3dor2013.di.univr.it/
- The description of the tracks and their results are presented at the Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval (May 11, 2013), http://3dor2013.di.univr.it/
Overall scheduleJanuary 07, 2013
- Submission deadline for track proposals
January 12, 2013
- Notification of acceptance of track proposals
Jan, Feb, 2012
- Each track has its own time line
February 28, 2013
- Each track is finished, and results are ready for inclusion in a track report
March 5, 2013
- Submit track papers for review
March 25, 2013
- All reviews due, feedback and notifications
March 29, 2013
- Camera ready track papers submitted for printing
May 11, 2013
- EUROGRAPHICS Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval, including SHREC'13
The individual tracks will have their own time schedule for registration of participants, release of queries or submission of executables, and submission of results, etc.
OrganizationFor information about the contest, the results, etc. see this SHREC home page. The results of SHREC’13 are presented at the Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval; see http://3dor2013.di.univr.it/
The SHREC organizers are Remco Veltkamp and Afzal Godil. To contact the organizers, send a message to shrec2013 “at” nist.gov